The Vertical Owlstone Vapor Generator (V-OVG) builds on Owlstone's proven OVG technology.
- More versatile–a bigger, vertical oven that holds up to 6 standard permeation tubes
- Easier to use–digital split flow meter readout
- Suitable for multiple permeation sources
- Easy–access top entry oven
- Optional RS-485 connection
The V-OVG platform features an innovative new oven design. The larger, vertically mounted chamber allows the use of multiple, physically large or specialist permeation devices.
Owlstone Vapor Generators are compact, cost-effective calibration gas systems, which can generate NIST traceable, precise, repeatable, and accurate concentrations of chemicals and calibration gas standards. The V-OVG is a versatile platform for the calibration of industrial and scientific gas sensors. Using permeation tube technology, a V-OVG system can replace multiple gas cylinders resulting in significant cost and space savings.
The new V-OVG sample oven is 16 times the volume of the OVG-4 model. This larger oven allows gas standards to be produced from multiple and non-standard geometry permeation sources. The V-OVG also features an improved split flow meter with a digital readout and a RS-485 communications module for computer control.
- V-OVG's vertical oven holds up to 6 permeation tubes
- Wafer device/diffusion tube
- Digital control of permeation oven temperature, sample flow, and split flow enables fully automated generation of calibration gases
- Easily add parallel channels
- Vertical loading, large-bore oven for multiple permeation tubes and diffusion tubes.
V-OVG and OVG-4
The three principal differences between the calibration gas generators are listed below. V-OVG has:
- Vertical oven compatible with diffusion tubes
- Large-bore oven can hold up to 6 permeation tubes simultaneously
- Digital control of split flow and sample flow
Customers using OVG
Accuracy and precision even at very low concentrations with superior long-term stability and repeatability
Cost savings by replacing multiple, costly gas cylinders
Small quantities of target chemicals reduce the risk of dangerous exposure
Simple to Use
Fast and easy sample replacement removes dangers associated with high-pressure cylinders
Compact footprint for significant laboratory space savings
Owlstone permeation tubes are traceable to NIST standards, and are supplied with their own calibration certificates
V-OVG's Technical Specifications
Owlstone Vapor Generators are compact, cost-effective calibration gas systems, which can generate NIST traceable, precise, repeatable, and accurate concentrations of chemicals and calibration gas standards.
Permeation and diffusion tubes
>500 including VOCs, environmental gases, explosive and CW agents, and stimulants
H 262 mm, W 142 mm, D 260 mm
¼” Swagelok tube
Exhaust flow range
0 ml/min to >3000 ml/min
Regulated air/nitrogen. Free from impurities, -35°C dew point
¼” Swagelok quick connect
parts per trillion to parts per thousand
30–100°C ±0.1°C in 0.1°C increments
Power supply – inlet
Sample Outlet connection
⅛” Swagelok compression fittings
Sample Outlet flow range
Learn everything about using permeation tubes: download "The Complete Guide To Testing Gas Sensors"Download
Integrating Your V-OVG with Humidity Generators and Flow Controllers
Owlstone’s modular Gen-Sys easily allows you to add the OHG-4 Humidity Generator and the OFC-1 Flow Controller to your system setup.
The Owlstone Humidity Generator (OHG-4) is a versatile humidity generator that is used to produce a range of relative humidity concentrations from 1 to 90%RH (±1%).